Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Week Plus 4 to Go!

Just a little over a week before we leave for Scotland! And still the list of things to get done before that day is a long one.

Smoky's DNA results are not back yet. We're still hoping they will come before we leave. I don't think that will prevent us from having a great time. Our base plans are made, and we left plenty of time to see where the path leads us. We've made multiple trips to our local REI store for more equipment. Hopefully, we have most of what we need. If not, it will be fun shopping for local items.

Just today a cousin who has traveled to Edinburgh said she found there were lots of great vegetarian restaurants. Yum. And some photography friends who lead trips to Scotland have given us some interesting leads for things to do. One of those tips was the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre,   http://www.cairngormreindeer.co.uk/, where you can hike up the mountain to the reindeer herd and mingle with them. This is a free-range herd, but apparently they are accustomed to visitors bringing them some reindeer food.

I had better get back to my packing! I'll try to post again closer to time to leave.

Before I go, I wanted to share a photo I found of Sean Connery in highland dress. I'm still trying to convince Smoky that this would be a really great look for him. What do you think?
--Shann

No comments:

Post a Comment