Friday, July 8, 2016

Where do we go first?

Where are we?
It's our first trip in the new camper, and we choose a beautiful location. Our own driveway! Our Pathway Auto and RV friends recommended camping at home in the beginning, and I'm really happy we did. I can't tell you how many trips we both made back to the house to get just one more item or two that we needed.

Pasta with veggies (top); chocolate cake cooked
just fine in the convection oven.
Once we figured out all the steps required to get the propane cooktop to work, reheating leftovers for our first dinner went pretty well. The broccoli I steamed was a bit undercooked, but by day 2 our pasta and veggies dish turned out just fine. Our unit has a convection/microwave combination that I wanted to test. That first night, all we did was preheat the oven to see whether it actually reached the temperature indicated. Just as had been reported on the forums, the actual temperature and the indicator on the oven didn't match. At least I knew how much to adjust. Testing gave me confidence to plan a cake for day 2 in the trailer!

Sleeping that first night in the trailer was interesting. Not a lot of sleep was involved for me, but that's not unusual for new places. In addition to adjusting to a new bed, we also had the air conditioner running. No option there -- temperatures were high and the humidity even higher. By the end of the second night, the noise of the AC wasn't as noticeable and the bed slept much better!

I have to admit that I cleaned the little trailer and packed up the perishables with a bit of sadness on day 3. Our test run was complete. It looks like we will be able to live quite comfortably in our home on wheels!

--Shann


No comments:

Post a Comment